POTOMAC SOCCER TRY OUTS
Tryout Registration for the 2016-17 Season
There is no cost to try out but all players must register in the Blue Sombrero System
Travel Soccer Program
At Potomac Soccer we value every player’s participation in our program, and are committed to ensuring that all our players have an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding experience with our club. Our coaches have extensive experience in the game, as well as some of the highest certifications of any club in the country. Most hold the highest levels of US Soccer Federation National Coaching Licenses, and have many years of teaching and coaching experience. We are a club that prioritizes a player’s growth and development as a player and as a person, and believe that many life lessons and valuable personal qualities and characteristics are taught through competitive sports in a fun and challenging environment.
All of our teams will practice at least 2x per week, and all players are expected to demonstrate a high level of commitment to the team.
Attendance is expected at all practices, events, and tournaments.
Practices for our younger teams are typically in the Bethesda/Potomac area, while our older age groups will practice throughout Montgomery County.
HOW TO REGISTER THROUGH BLUE SOMBRERO
PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT IF YOU ARE A RETURNING PLAYER!
Do not contact Blue Sombrero
CREATE NEW ACCOUNT LOGIN TO EXISTING ACCOUNT
2016-17 Club FAQs
Try out Schedules are located under Tryouts "Boys" or "Girls"
- ALL players (new or old) wishing to play for one of the Potomac teams MUST register ONLINE for the appropriate birth year/age group. This tryout registration is the first step to team registration and will be at no charge.
- PLEASE REGISTER TO TRY OUT FOR ALL AGE GROUPS/PROGRAMS PRESENTED IN THE BLUE SOMBRERO SYSTEM. This will allow your player to be eligible for all teams in their birth year/age group. Once offered a roster position, you will be sent an email offer with the correct team's registration information.
- If you already have an account, please login and click "Register Now" at the bottom of your player’s page. You will be registering for the Travel Soccer Year 2016/2017 Team in your birth year/age group; this will include all tryouts in that birth year/age group. Proceed through checkout to register your player. YOU MUST PLACE THE PROGRAM IN THE CART AND CLICK THROUGH TO "PAY" FOR THE PROGRAM. THERE IS NO CHARGE TO TRY OUT. DO NOT CREATE A DUPLICATE ACCOUNT IF YOU ALREADY HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THE 2015/2016 SOCCER PROGRAM.
- Please create an account and add your player(s) as a participant, then click "Register Now" at the bottom of your player’s page. You will be registering for the Travel Soccer Year 2016/2017 Team in your birth year/age group; this will include all tryouts in that birth year/age group. Proceed through checkout to register your player.
- Please check the try out dates under "Girls" or "Boys" for your birth year/age group date, times, and location. CHECK BEFORE GOING TO THE FIELD AS THESE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!
- Please make every effort to attend all tryout dates. Once rosters have been set, you will be contacted by the coach and an "Acceptance Email from Blue Sombrero" will be sent and you should be prepared to accept the roster spot within 48 hours by making an initial payment of $300.00 through your Blue Sombrero Account.
Current Potomac Players
Over the two week period of the tryout process, all players will attend their scheduled birth year/age group tryouts and will have a team training session each week, as well. The details of your team's training session will be communicated to you by your current coach and/or manager.
CLICK HERE for a link to the login/create account page. Questions about the registration process? Please try this helpful link: REGISTRATION FAQS
ALL PLAYERS MUST ATTEND TRYOUTS FOR THEIR CURRENT BIRTH YEAR/AGE GROUP. PLAYERS PLAYING UP WILL BE CONSIDERED AFTER TRYOUTS AND AT THE RECOMMENDATION OF THEIR COACH TO THE TECHNICAL DIRECTOR.
Technical Director, Rob Ryerson